Mix reactions among candidates as some could not get their long awaited result even after following due process as directed by JAMB registrar Prof. Ishaq Oloyede.
Below are the feasible reasons why you could not receive your result statement even after sending (RESULT to short code 55019) as directed by the commission.
1. Number not registered with JAMB : Your request to get your result through the short code as stated by JAMB could be abortive if your number is not found on JAMB server. You are to use only the registered number to request.
2. Insufficient fund : Ensure you have at least #50 airtime on the registered phone number because of #50 service charge.
3. Infractions : According to report, some 34,120 results are being withheld for some crimes and offense best known to the commission.
4. Identical twins and siblings : Among the results withheld by JAMB were 15,145 results of candidates being further clarified as identical twins and siblings.
5. Multiple JAMB registration : Report from JAMB registrar also disclosed that some candidates registered multiple times in some centres. One candidate reportedly registered 23 times.
Meanwhile the commission by its registrar disclosed that 116 exam centres had been blacklisted, including a Computer-based Test centre in Akokwa, Delta State for alleged bribing of exam officers with N1.7m.
Courtesy : PROUDLY9JA/ JUDE BRIGHT CHIMEZIE